Pretty Crochet Flower Motif

, , No Comments
I started a project recently. One that is pretty ambitious, given that I've never made a crocheted piece of clothing for an adult.

Also, it may involve sewing a lining to go inside of it.

I've never sewed anything but a simple pillow.

Anyhow, when I saw this gorgeous bodice I knew I had to give it a try. Scroll down the page on that link and there is a chart pattern for the flower motif. Wait! Don't run away just because I said chart pattern! I learned how to read one about 10 days ago and never even knew they existed till then either. A universal language for crochet? How awesome is that?!


A great tutorial on how they work can be found here at Craftyminx. Or just look at the translation guide provided by the Craft Yarn Council
 
Oh, and I' tried blocking for the first time, as you can see below:
From Summer Owens | Photography, Crochet, Food, Crafts and More
Turns out, it's ridiculously easy. In my case, I pinned my flowers out the way I wanted them, straight onto a towel, then sprayed them till pretty damp with a water bottle, shaped them a little more as needed and left them overnight to dry.

Now it's time to join them all together, and I'm still trying to decide on the best method for doing that. Hopefully it will all work in my favor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment